Morgan Winemaking, Celler and Vineyard
I've fulfilled another one of my 2009 goals. With the help of my eager friend, Jimmy, we have harvested 10 lb's of elderberry wine and we have it going. This is my first batch of elderberry... and as all of my "elders" have told me, it makes one of the finest wines on earth. Will document the progress here.
Everything ultimately comes up wine around here. And wine... is good for the cellar. I hope you get a chance to get out and plant a garden, grow some herbs... or just do something a little closer to nature.
In the wine and food pairing world there are two fundamental concepts that govern pairing decisons. One can choose to either contrast, or to compliment, the flavors and textures of a dish.
Make Dandelion Wine
Make dandelion wine using the Morgan recipe and method. Click here for the photo-documented process.
- Using Paper Chromatography to Monitor MLF in Wine
- A story of Petite Sirah, from the truck to the carboy
- The final grape crush of 2010 brings me 300 pounds of Petite Sirah
- How to measure acidity in wine using an acid titration kit
- Too much alcohol in that wine!
- Wine Grape Crush and Pickup in Loveland
- Made With Passion featured my wine making 'Back to your Fruits'
- Correcting oxidized wine
- Make apple wine, a beginners guide to winemaking
- 2009 Wine Cellar Pics
- Pressing the Syrah Specter
- 1st Annual Apple Smash yields 47 gallons of cider
- Jim and Jay's 2009 Elderberry Wine
- 10 Bottles Of Wine You Can’t Afford To Uncork
- New spring plantings The Corot Noir Grape - From Cornell University
- 2008 Wine Grape update for the SE Indiana Area
- Thomas Family Winery, Madision IN.
- Worlds oldest champagne opened
- Cincinnati Wine Festival 2009
- My names not Cooper, but check me out!
- Wine Cellar Event Sat. Feb. 21
- 2007 Spring Wine Grape Workshop
- The WinePod
- Spring 2007 grapevines ordered
- Ice Wine: CAN$30,000 for a half-bottle
- Wine and Beer... coasting in the cellar
- More progress on the wine cellar
- Another hit on the wine celler
- My wine cellar is prepped and ready to install racks
- 10 basic things you need to make wine at home
- Tasting of the Dandelion Wine
- Wine racks are assembled and ready for install
- Building your own wine cellar