The Holzhause Family Tree
Descendants of Frederick Holzhause
Generation No. 1
1. FREDERICK HOLZHAUSE was born Abt. 1856 in Prussia. He married MARGARET. She was born Abt. 1853 in Indiana.
Notes for FREDERICK HOLZHAUSE:
- In 1880, Frederick and Maggie lived in Jackson, Riply County, Indiana with no kids yet.
Children of FREDERICK HOLZHAUSE and MARGARET are:
1. HENRY H HOLZHAUSE, b. 24 Jun 1883, Indiana; d. Westport, Indiana.
2. CHARLES HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1889.
3. IDA HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1891.
4. CLARENCE HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1893.
5. CORA HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1896.
Generation No. 2
HENRY H HOLZHAUSE was born 24 Jun 1883 in Indiana, and died in Westport, Indiana. He married ALMA A. BUNSELMEIER Abt. 1908, daughter of JOHN BUNSELMEIER and MARGARET LETZLER. She was born Abt. 1888 in Indiana.
Children of HENRY HOLZHAUSE and ALMA BUNSELMEIER are:
1. HAZEL HOLZHAUSE, d. Bef. 2001; m. SCHALK.
2. FLORENCE HOLZHAUSE, b. 23 Feb 1909, Napoleon, Indiana; d. 31 Dec 1992, 45223 Cincinnati, Hamilton, OH.
3. EZRA JOHN FREDERICK HOLZHAUSE, b. 29 Jan 1910, Indiana; d. 14 Jul 2001, Winchester Center, KY.
4. LEORA MARIE HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1913, Indiana.
5. NAOME ALMA HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1915, Indiana; d. 26 Oct 2002, Ohio.
6. CORA PAULINE HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1917, Indiana; d. 06 Jun 1990, Ohio; m. TRUE.
7. BOBBY GENE HOLZHAUSE, b. 02 Dec 1917, Indiana; d. 15 Sep 1987, Greensburg, Decatur, IN.
8. GENEVA HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1920, Indiana; m. DONALD E. CHEESMAN; b. Abt. 1908; d. Abt. 01 Mar 1999, Florida.
9. RUTH HOLZHAUSE, b. Abt. 1922, Indiana; d. Bef. 2001; m. BRUNTON.
10. FREDERICK HOLZHAUSE, b. 08 Aug 1924, Indiana; d. May 1986, Indiana; m. LOIS; b. Abt. 1928.
11. CLARENCE HOLZHAUSE was born Abt. 1893. He married FLORENCE. She was born Abt. 1896.
Generation No. 3
FLORENCE HOLZHAUSE was born 23 Feb 1909 in Napoleon, Indiana, and died 31 Dec 1992 in 45223 Cincinnati, Hamilton, OH. She married ROBERT J. MORGAN 1928, son of WILLIAM MORGAN and EDITH ATKINSON. He was born 03 Jul 1909 in Ohio, and died Oct 1977 in Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for FLORENCE HOLZHAUSE:
- Jason’s fondest memories of Florence: Jason and his friends would ride their bikes from Cheviot to Florence’s home on Shepard Road. They would maintain the swimming pool and stay over night in the cabin in the lower woods. There was always lots of grass to cut, flower gardens to manage and chores to do. When the work was done, Florence would always come out with a huge stainless bucket of iced tea or lemonade and ham sandwiches with lots of Helmann’s mayonnaise. Jason remembers watching Florence use a tablespoon to dispense the mayonnaise. Jason and his friends went to Florences’s almost every weekend to work, play and stay in the cabin and make campfires by the creek up until her death December 31st 1992. He also remembers staying the night with Florence many times as a child.
Notes for ROBERT J. MORGAN:
- Jason’s fondest memories of Robert: Robert died when Jason was very young, but the most significant memories of his grandfather were of him driving over to Dick’s house (3817 Davis in Cheviot) to pick him up in a maroon Toronado. Jason always thought “tornado” but now recalls the letters on the side of the car quite clearly. Dick told Jason that Robert loved him so much, that on the same day, weekly, Robert would came and take him back to the homestead on Shepard Road to spend the day with him until Dick came in the evening to pick him up. Jason recalls the Toronado being so huge, he literally stood on the passenger side floor with his hands on the dash looking over it and straight ahead as they drove back to Shepard Road. While there, Robert would often sit in the white, metal perforated chairs they kept in front of the garage with Jason in his lap and at night would look up at the stars while grandpa most certainly cited various constellations (even though it made no sense to him at the time).
- Robert Morgan was a teacher at Taylor High School founded in North Bend, Ohio in 1926.
EZRA JOHN FREDERICK HOLZHAUSE was born 29 Jan 1910 in Indiana, and died 14 Jul 2001 in Winchester, KY. He married EDITH BOMMER.
Notes for Ezra Holzhause:
- HOLZHAUSE Ezra John Frederick, 91 of 328 Bourbon Acres, Paris, KY died Saturday, July 14, 2001 at Winchester Center in Winchester, KY after an extended illness. Mr. Holzhause was a retired banker for 42 years with Fifth Third Bank. Mr. Holzhause was the devoted husband of Edith Bommer Holzhause of Paris, KY and a devoted father of William E. and Sue Holzhause of Paris, KY, three cherished grandchildren, five cherished great grandchildren, three sisters, Leora Rolfs, Naomi Schalk both of Cincinnati, OH and Mrs. Geneva Cheeseman of Brookville, FL and several nieces and nephews. Private funeral services will be conducted Wednesday, July 18, 2001 at the Lusk-McFarland Funeral Home by Rev. Jim Hutchison. No visitation will be held. Burial will be in the Bridgetown Cemetery in Bridgetown, OH. Memorials can be made to the Alzheimer's Association. Lusk-McFarland Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
LEORA MARIE HOLZHAUSE was born Abt. 1913 in Indiana. She married CLIFFORD J. ROLFS. He was born Abt. 1907, and died 03 Mar 2003.
Notes for LEORA MARIE HOLZHAUSE:
- Resided in Cincinnati in 2001.
- In 2003, according to husband's obit, she was still alive.
Notes for CLIFFORD J. ROLFS:
- Originally published on 3/6/2003: ROLFS Clifford John, beloved husband of Leora Marie Rolfs, devoted father of Rev. Donald H. Rolfs (Donna) and Marylee Schreibeis (Michael), loving grandfather of Mark Rolfs (Melinda) and Bevin Rolfs Spencer (Edward), great grandfather of Lilian Brandt Rolfs, dear brother of the late Helen Rolfs Schopper and Marvin Rolfs, dear uncle of many precious nieces and nephews. March 3, 2003. Age 96 years. Clifford worked for and managed the 1st Hader Hardware store in Cheviot for 25 years. He served as a song leader, Sunday school teacher and held other various positions in the Fairmount United Methodist Church. Clifford enjoyed helping other people. He was greatly loved by family and friends. Words cannot express how much he will be missed. He is at peace and rests in Heaven with the Lord. Visitation Friday from 9:30-11 A.M. at the Fairmount United Methodist Church, 1615 Tremont Ave., Cincinnati 45214 where funeral services will be held Friday at 11 A.M. Memorials my be directed to the Fairmount United Methodist Church. Bolton & Lunsford Funeral Home serving the family.
NAOME ALMA HOLZHAUSE was born Abt. 1915 in Indiana, and died 26 Oct 2002 in Ohio. She married HAROLD A. SCHALK.
Notes for NAOME ALMA HOLZHAUSE:
- Resided in Cincinnati in 2001.
- SCHALK Naomi Alma (nee Holzhause), beloved wife of the late Harold A. Schalk, devoted mother of Janet Smith (Charles) and Lois Schalk, loving grandmother of Chuck Smith (Sandra) and Craig Smith (Rachel), great grandmother of Chuck Smith and Katlynn Smith, dear sister of Leora Rolfs, Geneva Cheesman and the late Ezra Holzhause, Florence Morgan, Pauline True,, Fred Holzhause, Robert Gene Holzhause, Ruth Brunton and Hazel Schalk, dear aunt of numerous nieces and nephews. October 26, 2002. Age 87 years. Visitation Wednesday from 10 A.M. to 12 Noon at the Fairmount United Methodist Church, 1615 Tremont Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45214 where services will be Wednesday at 12 Noon. Memorials may be directed to the Fairmount United Methodist Church. She is SAFE IN THE ARMS OF JESUS.