The Lucas Family Tree
For different reasons people come to me and ask me for family tree information. After many requests, I have decided to post part of my Lucas family tree online. This is only a small part of what I have. For privacy reasons, I didn't think I should post our current generation. I gathered my information from various sources, so it isn't gurranteed to be free of errors. Pictured is my grandfather Floyd Lucas, son of Edward James Campbell Lucas.
Descendants of Thomas Lucas
Generation No. 1
THOMAS LUCAS was born 1650 in Little Saxham, Suffolk, England, and died Oct 1721 in Prince George Co., MD. He married DOROTHY LETCHWORTH, daughter of THOMAS LETCHWORTH and ELIZABETH LETCHWORTH. She was born 1675 in Queen Anna Parish, P.G., MD.
Notes for THOMAS LUCAS:
- Immigration: Thomas Lucas, planter, arrived in Prince George County, Maryland from Little Saxham, Suffolk England in 1668 aboard the ship Providence of Falmouth.
Children of THOMAS LUCAS and DOROTHY LETCHWORTH are:
1. CHARLES LUCAS, b. 20 Apr 1692, Prince George Co., MD; d. 28 May 1741, Montgomery Co., MD.
2. THOMAS LUCAS JR., b. 1688, Prince George Co., MD; d. 1756, Prince George Co., MD.
3. MARY LUCAS, b. 1690, P.G. Co, MD.
4. ELIZABETH LUCAS, b. 1695, These first 4 were by Dorothy.
5. SUSSANAH LUCAS, b. 03 Oct 1703, in eldest of Dorothy Letchworth.
6. SARAH LUCAS, b. 18 Sep 1705.
7. JANE LUCAS, b. 04 Sep 1707.
8. JOHN LUCAS, b. 20 Jun 1709.
9. MARY LUCAS, b. 12 Sep 1712, 2nd Mary of Thomas.
10. JAMES LUCAS, b. 27 Feb 1713, Prince George Co., MD.
11. SAMUEL LUCAS, b. 07 Sep 1717.
Notes for SAMUEL LUCAS:
- Samuel inherited 500 lbs of tobacco from his father's estate when he reached the age of 18 yrs. In August 1733 he listed on the tax records in Western Branch Hundreds, Prince Geo, Md.
12. ELIZABETH LUCAS, b. 1719.
Generation No. 2
CHARLES LUCAS was born 20 Apr 1692 in Prince George Co., MD, and died 28 May 1741 in Montgomery Co., MD. He married (1) TEMPERANCE SMITH. She was born 1688 in Westmoreland , VA. He married (2) ELIZABETH EVANS 20 Nov 1718, daughter of RICHARD EVANS and ELIZABETH HALL.
Children of CHARLES LUCAS and TEMPERANCE SMITH are:
1. WINEFRED LUCAS, b. 1718, Westmoreland , VA; d. 1786.
2. JOHN LUCAS, b. Abt. 1720.
Children of CHARLES LUCAS and ELIZABETH EVANS are:
1. THOMAS LUCAS, b. 12 Apr 1722, P.G. Co, MD; d. 1784, Fred, Co, MD.
2. WILLIAM LUCAS SR., b. 07 Jul 1730, P.G. Co, MD; d. 26 Mar 1810, Highland Co, OH.
3. CHARLES LUCAS JR., b. 01 Jul 1720, P.G. Co, MD; d. Montgomery Co., MD.
4. ELIZABETH LUCAS, b. 11 Mar 1723, P.G. Co, MD; d. 17 Oct 1805, Greene County, PA.
5. MARY LUCAS, b. 13 Jun 1725.
6. ANNE LUCAS, b. 27 Apr 1728, P.G. Co, MD; d. Abt. 1798, Fayette Co., PA.
7. RICHARD LUCAS, b. 29 Jul 1732, P.G. Co, MD; d. 1791, Nelson Co, KY.
8. SARAH LUCAS, b. 12 Oct 1734.
9. SAMUEL LUCAS, b. 23 Nov 1736.
Generation No. 3
THOMAS LUCAS was born 12 Apr 1722 in P.G. Co, MD, and died 1784 in Fred, Co, MD. He married ANN KEENE.
Children of THOMAS LUCAS and ANN KEENE are:
1. BASEL LUCAS, b. 20 Aug 1757, MD; d. 06 Jul 1841, Berkley, VA.
2. JOSIAS LUCAS, b. 28 May 1746, MD; d. Bet. 1778 - 1779.
3. CHARLES LUCAS, b. 1747, MD; d. 1784.
4. THOMAS LUCAS, b. 24 Feb 1751, MD.
5. GABRIEL LUCAS, b. 1755, P.G. Co, MD; d. 1838, Berkley, VA.
6. ELIZABETH LUCAS, b. 22 Mar 1759, MD.
7. CASSANDRA LUCAS, b. 1760, Prince George Co., MD.
8. SUSANNAH LUCAS, b. 1763, MD.
9. ELEANOR LUCAS, b. 1765, MD.
10. BARTON LUCAS, b. 1770, MD.
Generation No. 4
BASEL LUCAS was born 20 Aug 1757 in MD, and died 06 Jul 1841 in Berkley, VA. He married ELIZABETH BRASHEARS 23 Feb 1786 in Ann Arundel Co., MD, daughter of SAMUAL BRASHEARS and RACHEL.
Notes for BASEL LUCAS:
- Basel Lucas' last will written 30 May 1831, proved 13 Sep 1841 Martinsburg, (W) VA - Rev. War Vet from Anne Arundel Co., MD. Gave land to son Dennis.
Children of BASEL LUCAS and ELIZABETH BRASHEARS are:
1. DENNIS LUCAS, b. 1787, Berkley, Virginia; d. 1866, Greene County, Ohio.
2. BASEL LUCAS, b. 1800, Berkley, VA; d. 18 Aug 1888, Xenia, Greene, OH.
3. LAVICE LUCAS, b. 1791, Berkley, VA; d. 1856, Martinsburg, VA.
4. MATILDA LUCAS, b. 1792, Berkley, VA.
5. HENDERSON LUCAS, b. 1793, Berkley, VA.
6. ALFRED LUCAS, b. 1794, Berkley, VA.
7. EMILY VIRGINIA LUCAS, b. 1795, Berkley, VA; d. 1879, Berkley, VA.
8. ELIZABETH LUCAS, b. 1796, Berkley, VA.
9. BARTON LUCAS, b. 1798, Berkley, VA.
10. THORTON LUCAS, b. 29 Dec 1799, Berkley, VA; d. 04 Dec 1874, Greene County, Ohio.
11. TABITHA LUCAS, b. 1800, Berkley, VA.
Generation No. 5
DENNIS LUCAS was born 1787 in Berkley, Virginia, and died 1866 in Greene County, Ohio. He married (1) MARY EAKINS 21 Jan 1817 in Berkley, Virginia. He married (2) ELIZABETH MUSSETTER 25 May 1836 in Berkley, Virginia, daughter of JOHN MUSSETTER and ANNA WILLIAMS. She was born 03 Sep 1808 in Martinsburg, Berkeley, Virginia.
- Notes for DENNIS LUCAS:
- Ancestry.com: Virginia Marriages, 1740-1850 //Groom Given Name Groom Surname Bride Given name Bride Surname Marriage Date County// DENNIS LUCAS ELIZABETH MUSSETTER 25 May 1836 Berkeley
- Burial: Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, OH
Children of DENNIS LUCAS and ELIZABETH MUSSETTER are:
1. BARZEL VONBURG LUCAS, b. 1837, Parkersburg, West Virginia; d. 30 Jan 1896, Greene County, Ohio.
2. EMILY C. LUCAS, b. 1840, Berkley, Virginia.
3. MATILDA A. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1841, Berkley, Virginia.
4. JOHN W. LUCAS, b. 1842, Berkley, Virginia.
5. ELIZABETH B. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1845, Berkley, Virginia.
6. DENNIS T. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1847, Berkley, Virginia.
7. CHARLES D. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1849, Berkley, Virginia.
8. ELIZA S. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1851, Berkley, Virginia.
9. ANN LUCAS, b. 1844, VA.
Generation No. 6
BARZEL VONBURG LUCAS was born 1837 in Parkersburg, West Virginia, and died 30 Jan 1896 in Greene County, Ohio. He married REBECCA A. NISWONGER 20 Oct 1868 in Green, OH, daughter of PERRY NISWONGER and HESTER MANOR. She was born 27 Jul 1851 in Wapakonela, Auglaize, Ohio, and died 19 Jan 1921 in Dayton, OH.
Notes for BARZEL VONBURG LUCAS:
- According to Spring Grove Cemetery records, Edward's father's name was Basil.
- Household Record 1880 United States Census Household:
Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
Bazall LUCER Self M Male W 43 VA Carpenter VA VA
Rebecca LUCER Wife M Female W 31 OH Keeping House OH OH
William LUCER Son S Male W 6 OH At Home VA OH
Bazall LUCER Son S Male W 3 OH At Home VA OH
Lee LUCER Son S Male W 1 OH At Home VA OH
Perry NISSONGER FatherL M Male W 57 OH Laborer OH VA
Hester NISSONGER MotherL M Female W 56 OH At Home OH VA
Census Place 5th Ward, Xenia, Greene, Ohio
Family History Library Film 1255020
NA Film Number T9-1020
Page Number 493C
Church of LDS web site:
- Bazel V. Lucas was married on Ocober 28, 1868 in Virginia and died on Jauary 30, 1896.
- Basel V. Lucas was born in 1837 in Virginia and died January 30, 1896. His parents were Dennis Lucas and Elizabeth Mussetter.
- Bazil Lucas was born on March 9, 1836 in Xenia, Greene, Ohio and died September 14, 1899.
- Virginia Marriages, 1740-1850: Basil Lucas married Jane Aphesa Mussetter on March 28, 1833 in Berkeley County.
- Basel V. Lucas enlisted in the Civil War 4 Feb 1864 - pvt. Co. D 74th Reg't OH Vol. Inf'try; wounded in right shoulder Battle of Buzzard's Roost in GA 9 May 1864, again in a battle at Bentonville, NC, & yet again! while guarding baggage at Atlanta, GA. Honorably discharged; Army Cert. # 126173; Pens. App'l # 95292. Gives his children, if you don't have them, and ancestors.
- According to the 1870 census, Basil was a carpenter jon living in Greene, Xenia, Ohio.
Burial: 1896, Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, OH
Notes for REBECCA A. NISWONGER:
- According to the 1920 US census, Rebecca lived with her son Edward and was 66 years old.
- Burial: 1921, Woodland Cemetery, Dayton, OH
- Cause of Death: Hremia, chronic ? hepatitis
Children of BARZEL LUCAS and REBECCA NISWONGER are:
1. EDWARD JAMES CAMPBELL LUCAS, b. 31 Mar 1887, Xenia, OH; d. 05 Jan 1941, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
2. GEORGE CLEVELAND LUCAS, b. 19 Mar 1885, Ohio.
3. LEO LUCAS.
4. BASIL V. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1877, Ohio.
5. EFFIE G. LUCAS, b. Abt. 1869, Ohio.
6. IDA MAY LUCAS, b. Abt. 1865.
7. LEE MCCHUNG LUCAS, b. Abt. 1879, Ohio.
8. MINNESOTA LUCAS, b. Abt. 1867, Ohio.
9. WILLIAM ALBERT LUCAS, b. Abt. 1874, Ohio.
Notes for WILLIAM ALBERT LUCAS:
- According to a book written about the Lucas Family, in 1920 his occupation was an auto worker.
- 1940 Cincinnati phone book: There is a Wm. V. Lucas listed as an auto mech r2127 Winchell Av.
10. IONA LUCAS, b. 06 Dec 1881; m. VOGEL.
11. BERT LUCAS.
Generation No. 7
EDWARD JAMES CAMPBELL LUCAS was born 31 Mar 1887 in Xenia, OH, and died 05 Jan 1941 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. He married (1) ALICE Abt. 1907. He married (2) HAZEL BEATRICE DOVEY Abt. 1919, daughter of FRANK DOVEY and EMMA LITZENBERG. She was born 15 Jun 1895 in Towanda New York, and died 06 Sep 1959 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for EDWARD JAMES CAMPBELL LUCAS:
- According to family members, he was raised in an orphanage in Dayton, Ohio.
- 1900 US census: Edward and Grover C. lived at the Ohio's Soldiers' and Sailors' Orphanage Home in Xenia, Ohio.
- 1910 US Census: Edward was married to Alice for 3 years with no children. He lived at 108 Washington St. He was a laborer in a factory.
- 1920 US census: Edward was 33 and lived with Hazel (his wife, age 24), Lola (his daughter, age 2/12), and Rebecca (his mother, age 66) in Montgomery, Dayton, Ohio. His occupation listed is a f__?_day apprentice.
- Notes taken from Floyd Lucas by Jenny, he was a cabinetmaker and worked at Royal Bottling Co. When he lost his job, he worked for the WPA digging ditches. He helped invent Orange Crush and chocolate pop. He resided with his family in Mt. Auburn at Dorchester and Main. Also, most of his relatives are buried at Spring grove cemetery. Three of Edward's children died during childhood. Many family members had a hard time finding work, so they moved out west to Las Vegas, NE.
- Notes taken from Delores: Her father was married once before to someone who could not bare children. For this reason they filed for a divorce. He was interested in gypsies, the traveling circus, and vaudeville shows. They had a big black trunk filled with clown outfits and make-up. He worked the vaudeville and had a tenor voice. He lived with Lola before he moved into a county home.
- Burial: 08 Jan 1941, Spring Grove Cemetery
- Cause of Death: Acute Bronchitis, Bro. Pneumonia
- Residence: 1940, H5 Park Pl Cinti., Ohio
- Residence 767 Delhi
- Father's birthplace: Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Informant: Grover Lucas (1533 Elm St.)
- Cause of death: Acute Bronchitis. Bro. Pneumonia
Database: Ohio Military Men, 1917-18:
Name: Edward J. Lucas
Serial Number: 2426944
Residence: 9505 Holton Ave., Cleveland, O.
Enlistment Division: National Army
Enlistment Location: Cleveland, O.
Enlistment Date: 01 Apr 1918
Birth Place: Cleveland, O.
Birth Date / Age: 24 3/12 Years
Assigns Comment: 22 Co 6 Battalion to --; Machine Gun Company 327 Infantry to Discharge Private, first class St Mihiel; Meuse-Argonne; Defensive Sector. Wounded In Action slightly 14 Oct 1918. American Expeditionary Forces 6 June 1918 to 18 May 1919. Honorable discharge 28 May 1919.
Volume #: 10
Ancestry.com. Ohio Military Men, 1917-1918 [database online]. Provo, Utah: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2000. Original data: Official Roster of Ohio Soldiers, Sailors and Marines in the World War, 1917-1918, Volumes I-XXIII. Columbus, OH: F. J. Heer Printing Co., 1926.
Notes for HAZEL BEATRICE DOVEY:
- Notes taken from Deloras Lucas: Hazel was french and German. She gave up her first son. She worked as a nurse.
- Spring Grove cemetery records: Her last place of residence was 3709 Cass Ave. Cinti., OH.
- Name 2: Hasel Dovey1
- Date born 2: 1896, New York
- Burial: Spring Grove Cemetery
- Cause of Death: Cor. Occulsion, Hypertensive heart disease
- Medical Information: diabetes mellintus, Cor. Occulsion, Hypertensive heart disease
- Residence: 1900, Buffalo Ward 19, Erie, New York1
- Death Date: 06 September 1959 Age: 64 Place of Death: Cincinnati, Hamilton County
- Residence: Cincinnati, Hamilton County
- Gender: Female Race: White
- Marital Status: Widowed
- Certificate: 63693
- Volume: 15895
Children of EDWARD LUCAS and HAZEL DOVEY are:
1. LOLA MAE LUCAS, b. 16 Oct 1919, Dayton, Ohio; d. 26 Nov 1998, 34691 Holiday, Pasco, Florida.
2. FLOYD C. LUCAS, b. 04 Dec 1920, Dayton, Ohio; d. 09 Apr 2003, Cincinnati, Ohio.
3. WILLIAM LUCAS, b. 21 Jun 1921; d. 01 Dec 1966, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; m. JEAN HAWK.
Notes for WILLIAM LUCAS:
- Spring Grove Cemetery records: His last place of residence was 3934 President Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229. He was DOA at Cinti. General Hospital. He was married to Ione Farmer.
- Delores describes Billie as having blond hair, blue eyes, very muscular, and looked a lot like Floyd, only blond.
4. EDWARD CLIFFORD LUCAS, b. Abt. 20 Mar 1925; d. 22 Apr 1925, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for EDWARD CLIFFORD LUCAS:
- According to Spring Grove Cemetery records, his last place of residence was 68 E.McMicken Ave Cinti., OH.
- Cause of Death: pneumonia
5. HOWARD L. LUCAS, b. 18 Oct 1926, 45251 Cincinnati, OH; d. 24 Oct 1998, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
6. ISABELLA LUCAS, b. 24 May 1928, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. 08 Nov 1928, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for ISABELLA LUCAS:
- According to Spring Grove Cemetery records, her last residence was ?13 Odeon St. Cinti., OH.
- Cause of Death: pneumonia
7. LILLIAN LUCAS, b. Abt. Jan 1930; d. 24 Aug 1931, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for LILLIAN LUCAS:
- According to Spring Grove cemetery records, her last place of residence was 104 Dorchester Ave. Cinti., OH. She died at 1 year and 8 months.
- Cause of Death: Skull Fracture fell from window
8. DELORES LUCAS, b. 05 May 1932, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
GEORGE CLEVELAND LUCAS was born 19 Mar 1885 in Ohio. He married MATILDA BOYD. She was born Abt. 1887.
Notes for GEORGE CLEVELAND LUCAS:
- Household information came from the US 1930 Federal Census. I have assumed this is the correct household.
- Spring Grove Cemetery records: The parents of a Wilbur and Calvin Lucas are Grover C. Lucas and Mathilda.
- 1910 census: Grover lived next to Rebecca and Irene, Lee and Alice and Kay?, James(Edward) and Alice and Boarder.
- Residence 1: 1930, Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio2
- Residence 2: 1940, h1533 Elm factoryworker
Children of GEORGE LUCAS and MATILDA BOYD are:
1. WILBUR LUCAS, b. 04 May 1912, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. 24 Dec 1991, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; m. LORETTA HESS; b. 18 Jun 1916, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. 02 Jun 1995, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for WILBUR LUCAS:
Spring Grove Cemetery records:
WILBUR G LUCAS
3510 BLUE ROCK RD
CINCINNATI, OH 45239
Place of Birth: CINCINNATI OH
Birth Date: 05/04/1912
Place of Death: CINCINNATI OH
Death Date: 12/24/1991
Name of Father: GROVER LUCAS
Name of Mother: MATHILDA BOYD
Marital Status: M
Spouse: LORETTA HESS
CALVIN LUCAS, b. 26 Jul 1917, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. 09 Dec 1991, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
WILLIAM CLIFFORD LUCAS, b. Abt. Dec 1906, Dayton, Ohio; d. 22 Nov 1912, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
Notes for WILLIAM CLIFFORD LUCAS:
- According to Spring Grove Cemetery, he died at the age 5 years and 11 months. His last place of residence was 1317 Breman Street Cinti., OH.
- Cause of Death: pneumonia
MILDRED LUCAS, b. 28 Jul 1908, Dayton, OH; d. 21 Nov 1910, 510 West 4th Street Cinti., OH.
Notes for MILDRED LUCAS:
- Cause of Death: Diphtheria Membraneaus Croup
LEO LUCAS He married Unknown.
Child of LEO LUCAS and ? is:
1. RALPH LUCAS, b. 16 Jun 1907, Ohio; d. Feb 1980, 89310 Austin, Lander, NV.
LEE MCCHUNG LUCAS was born Abt. 1879 in Ohio. He married ALICE. She was born Abt. 1879 in Kentucky.
Notes for LEE MCCHUNG LUCAS:
- According to the 1910 census, both Lee and Alice were married 2 times.
Child of LEE LUCAS and ALICE is:
1. BOY LUCAS, b. Abt. 1909.
Generation No. 8
LOLA MAE LUCAS was born 16 Oct 1919 in Dayton, Ohio, and died 26 Nov 1998 in 34691 Holiday, Pasco, Florida. She married JOSEPH HENKE. He was born 08 Sep 1917, and died Feb 1980 in Florida.
Notes for LOLA MAE LUCAS:
- She had her own beauty shop called Lola's Boutique in Holiday, FL. She worked from home and had a special room built for her shop.
Notes for JOSEPH HENKE:
- Birth Date: 8 Sep 1917
- Death Date: Feb 1980
FLOYD C. LUCAS was born 04 Dec 1920 in Dayton, Ohio, and died 09 Apr 2003 in Cincinnati, Ohio. He married (1) FERN ELIZABETH OBERWITTE, daughter of HARRY OBERWITTE and PEARL BOERES. She was born 22 Oct 1922 in Ohio. He married (2) MARIE DOOLAN, daughter of MAURICE DOOLAN and MABLE MARIE.
Notes for FLOYD C. LUCAS:
- He has an Irish and German heritage.
- The Lucas children were put in care of an orphanage, when their mother was unable to take care of them.
- Per Delores: Floyd and Lola had the most education.
- He first resided in Dayton, Ohio, then his family moved to Cinti., OH. While growing up in Cinti., he lived in an apartment at Dorchester and Main. They lived on the 3rd floor with no AC. Three brothers and sisters died at a young age.
- Floyd first drove a truck for a milk company. Then he went into the army and became a engineer building bridges.
- Per Penny, Floyd Lucas and Marie Franz had her mom, Sylvia, while Floyd was away at war.
- After the army, his occupation was a truck driver. During the flood, he delivered water to the flood victims.
- Floyd and Fern first resided in Norwood. They rented the top floor of a two family house from Lola and Joe Henke. Lola and Joe lived on the bottom floor. Floyd and Fern were married in their apartment's living room.
- Burial: Baltimore Pike Cemetery in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Medical Information: stroke, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure
- Residence: 1940, R5 Park Pl
Per Sylvia's certificate of birth:
- Residence: 215 Wade St. Cincinnati, Ohio
- Floyd was a laborer for burger brewery for 2 months
Per Donald's certificate of birth:
- Residence: 5018 Ash Street.
- Floyd was a truck driver for Seal Test Tank.
- Floyd was 29 when Donald was born.
U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946:
about Floyd C Lucas
Name: Floyd C Lucas
Birth Year: 1920
Race: White, citizen
Nativity State or Country: Ohio
County or City: Hamilton
Enlistment Date: 6 Feb 1943
Enlistment State: Ohio
Enlistment City: Cincinnati
Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Civil Life
Education: 1 year of high school
Marital Status: Married
Notes for FERN ELIZABETH OBERWITTE:
- Fern grew up at 4933 Bouton Street. Her father bought a house and the lot next to the house. On the lot next to house he built their home.
- The oberwitte's belonged to the Lynnwood Baptist Church.
- Medical Information: breast cancer survivor
HOWARD L. LUCAS was born 18 Oct 1926 in 45251 Cincinnati, OH, and died 24 Oct 1998 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. He married CHRISTINA MAE HOPSTER, daughter of HOPSTER and MINNIE MOORE. She was born 27 Feb 1930 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, and died 25 Apr 2001 in Hammersville, Ohio.
Notes for HOWARD L. LUCAS:
- According to the social security death index, his last residence was 45251 Cincinnati, OH.
- According to Delores, Howard obtained staff Sargent in the army during the Korea war. He was in charged of truck maintenance.
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure, pace maker stopped
Spring Grove Cemetery records:
HOWARD L LUCAS
10029 MARINO DRIVE
CINCINNATI, OH 45251
Place of Birth: CINCINNATI, OH
Birth Date: 10/18/1926
Place of Death: CINCINNATI, OH
Death Date: 10/24/1998
Name of Father: EDWARD JAMES CAMPBELL LUCAS
Name of Mother: HAZEL DOVEY
Marital Status: M
Spouse: CHRISTINA HOPSTER
Notes for CHRISTINA MAE HOPSTER:
- She was called "Tina," short for "Christina."
- According to Spring Grove cemetery records, her last place of residence was 2970 White Oak Valley Rd. Hammersville, OH 45130.
DELORES LUCAS was born 1932 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. She married (1) RICHARD S. EVANS. He was born 1933 in Glencove, L.L. New York. She married (2) LOUIS HOPSTER.
Notes for DELORES LUCAS:
- Per Delores: She was raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. She moved to Florida in 1959, after her mother died.
Child of DELORES LUCAS and LOUIS HOPSTER is:
1. RICHARD HOPSTER
CALVIN LUCAS was born 26 Jul 1917 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, and died 09 Dec 1991 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. He married VIRGINIA JACOB, daughter of CHARLES JACOB and LORETTA EGGERS. She was born 31 Dec 1918 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, and died 12 Aug 2002 in NAPLES, FL.
Child of CALVIN LUCAS and VIRGINIA JACOB is:
1. CAROLYN LUCAS
RALPH LUCAS was born 16 Jun 1907 in Ohio, and died Feb 1980 in 89310 Austin, Lander, NV. He married INEZ. She was born 31 Mar 1908 in IL, and died 22 Mar 2001 in 89156.
Notes for RALPH LUCAS:
- Household information came from the 1930 US Federal Census. The family lived on Winkler Street. Ralph was listed in the census as being a furniture repairman.
- Residence: 1940, h1551 Fairmont Ave. Refinisher Solway's Furniture company
Children of RALPH LUCAS and INEZ are:
1. MARGARET LUCAS, b. Abt. 1925, Ohio.
2. RALPH LUCAS, b. Abt. 1929, Ohio.
3. GILBERT LUCAS.
4. GRAM LUCAS.