Tomato Zucchini Goat Cheese Clafoutis
|3 eggs - lightly beaten|
|75 ml - milk|
|75 ml - cream|
|65g - all purpose flour|
|30g - cheddar cheese, grated|
|400g - small cherry tomatoes|
|2 - small zucchinis, very thinly sliced – lengthways|
|1 - red onion, halved then thinly sliced|
|2 - cloves garlic crushed|
|1 - teaspoon coriander powder|
|1 - teaspoon cumin powder|
|130g - creamy goat cheese|
|- olive oil|
|- fleur de sel and fresh cracked pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Lightly coat a baking dish or dishes with some olive oil.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk and cream, then add the flour and continue to whisk until smooth.
3. Stir in the grated cheddar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a large skillet heat a smidgen of olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant. Sprinkle coriander and cumin powder and cook for approx. a minute.
5. Add the zucchini slices and cook on both sides for a few minutes until lightly browned, then add the tomatoes. Continue to cook until tomatoes are brown and just beginning to soften.
6. Add the herbs and season to taste. Toss mixture.
7. Pour the clafoutis batter into the form or forms and arrange the veggies over the top, gently pressing into the batter. Break off pieces of the goat cheese and spread on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the custard is moist but not wiggly.